Kolhapuri Egg Curry
- 4 Hard-Boiled Ayur Eggs(Peeled & Sliced In Halves)
- ½ Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Inch of Ginger
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tsp Coconut (grated)
- ½ Tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ Cup of Tomatoes (Chopped)
- 1 Cup of Red Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Hot Green Pepper
- 2 Whole Dry Red Peppers
- 5-6 Whole Black Peppers
- 1 Tsp Poppy Seeds (Khus-Khus)
- ½ Tsp Canola Oil
- 1 Cup of Water
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Coriander Leaves (For Garnishing)
- Use a food processor to process onions, garlic, ginger & hot green chili pepper until they are a coarse paste.
- Heat ½ tsp of oil in a sauté pan. When the oil is hot enough, add the processed onion mixture to the pan.
- After 4-5 minutes, when the onion starts to turn brown at the edges, add all the the spices including whole red pepper, poppy seeds, black peppercorns, garam masala, turmeric and coconut.
- After 2 minutes of sautéing the spices, the fragrant will show & the coconut will be toasted a bit.
- Now add chopped tomatoes & ¼ teaspoon of salt. Cook on medium until tomatoes are mixed well into the masala.
- Transfer the cooked masala into a food processor or a blender jar with 2 tbsp of water.
- Process them all well to make a smooth puree. As that processes, take the masala pan, add remaining 1/2 tbsp oil and sliced Ayur Eggs.
- After 1 minute of cooking, Ayur Egg slices will start to give off a rich color & aroma. Now you can remove the eggs from pan.
- In the same pan, return the pureed #KolhapuriMasala with an added cup of water. After boiling it, simmer it down until you get your desired consistency.
- Add eggs to the finished kolhapuri masala & continue cooking for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat. Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot with chapati!
Its the perfect dish for delicious family get together. Added to this taste is a needed #health factor too. Try this delightful Indian dinner with Ayur Plus Eggs and feel the health take over you!