ORGANIC EGG RECIPES – FUSION SHASHUKA
- 2 Tbs Salt
- 50ml Olive Oil
- 1 Small Cauliflower, broken into 3-5cm evenly sized florets
- 1 Aubergine, Cut Into 2 Cm Cubes
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds, Toasted & Ground
- 1 Tsp Coriander Seeds 1 tsp, Toasted & Ground
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, Finely Chopped
- A Handful Of Fresh Oregano Leaves
- 200 ml Vegetable Stock or Water
- 1 Courgette, Shaved Into Ribbons With A Peeler
- A Handful Of Parsley, Chopped (To Garnish)
- 8 Ayur Desi Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- Start by placing a large pan of water on the hob with 2 tablespoons salt added and bring to the boil.
- Blanch the cauliflower florets for 2–3 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Heat a large pan over a medium-high heat, add oil and the aubergine cubes.
- Make sure you season every ingredient that goes in the pan with some salt & pepper and a little of the chilli flakes, cumin and coriander to ensure that your shakshuka bursts with flavour. You can also mix the dried spices together to make them easier to add each time.
- Cook the aubergines for about 5–7 minutes until they have a nice golden color.
- Add the cauliflower florets, garlic & oregano. Season and cook, stirring for 3–4 minutes.
- Increase the heat, add the stock or water and scrape the base of the pan with a wooden spoon, that’s where all the flavour is.
- Leave the stock to boil for 30 seconds, then add the courgette shavings and the rest of the spices.
- Break the Ayur Desi Eggs gently into the sauce and drag the egg whites.
- Lower the heat & cook for about 10–15 minutes until the whites have set but the yolks are still runny.
- Season the yolks with salt & pepper, sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
This delicious recipe will taste the best when had with organic and all natural Ayur eggs. Make the healthier choice to Ayur Eggs that are free from the use of hormones, toxins, steroid & antibiotcs. Its just healthier!