Homemade Thai Tom Yum Chicken
- Boneless Ayur Chicken Breast
- 1 Red onions (sliced/diced to very small pieces)
- A pinch Garam Masala
- 2 pinches of Black Pepper Powder
- ¼ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Lime Juice (squeezed from 1 half of a Lime)
- ½ Tbsp.Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- Coriander Leaves
- Curry leaves
- 3 Tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 2 Ayur Egg
- ¼ cup Canola oil
- ½ cup Milk
- Salt (as per taste)
- To cook Ayur chicken, add the Chicken Breast, Turmeric Powder, Black Pepper Powder, Salt to a pressure cooker with a cup of water.
- Cook the chicken for at least 15 minutes or until it’s soft. Then drain the chicken and set it aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add onions, salt. Sauté the onions till it’s transparent and then, add chilies and ginger garlic paste. Sauté them all together for 2 minutes.
- To this mixture, add Red Chili Powder, Turmeric Powder, Black pepper powder, Garam Masala and sauté them all for 2 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken, lime juice, coriander and curry leaves to the pan. Mix them all well and keep the pan covered on low flame for about 5-8 minutes and let all the flavors blend together.
- After removing the pan, let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- For the cake, blend together the all-purpose flour, Ayur eggs, milk, oil and salt in a blender, until they are all well mixed and attains a creamy texture.
- Take a saucepan with a tight fitting lid and grease it with oil. Pour one half of the batter into pan, spread the chicken mixture evenly on top of the pan and then pour the remaining batter on top of the mixture.
- This is done to sandwich the chicken mixture within two layers of batter. Sprinkle coriander leaves over it and cook with the lid tightly closed on the highest flame for a minute or two.
- Simmer the flame down and cook for about 30 – 35 minutes more or until the center of the crust is firm or cooked.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool down for about 15 minutes.
- Flip the pan over onto a flat plate with caution. Then flip the chicken cake once again so that the beautiful and garnished face of the cake is facing up. Cut it up into squares and serve warm for this Christmas!
With healthy Ayur Chicken & Ayur Eggs, cook up this one-of-a-kind dish to make your Christmas the three things that you like – Special, Indian & Healthy!