- 350g Skinless Ayur Chicken
- 200g Wheat (whole, crushed and soaked in water for 1 1/2 hour)
- 1⁄3 Cup Yellow Split Lentils (soaked and boiled)
- 3 Medium Onions (in thin slices)
- 1 Tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder/li>
- 2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 1⁄2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt (for taste)
- 1⁄4 Tsp Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 5 Tsp Of Oil
- 1 Bunch Fresh Mint Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 Bunch Fresh Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- 8 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seed (roasted and ground)
- 2 Medium Size Pieces Ginger Root
- 1 Large Onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 Lemons (cut in quarters)
- Put meat in a pan of heated oil.
- Add garlic, garam masala powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt to it. Cook them all on medium heat.
- In a separate pan, boil Wheat grains with lots of water and add salt.
- When the grains slowly turn tender and mushy, add a pinch of soda and cook further for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir until the wheat grains and the meat both are mixed properly.
- Grind the lentils in a food processor to turn it into a thick paste by adding 2 cups of water while processing it.
- Pour the lentil paste into the meat and wheat mixture. Stir them all.
- Place the pan on a heavy tava or griddle on low heat and cook for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Fry the sliced onion in oil and drain on absorbent paper towel.
- When the Chicken Haleem is cooked, sprinkle fried onions, garam masala powder, fresh mint, and coriander leaves. And as a finishing touch, garnish the dish with cumin and ginger.
- Serve haleem with a little of the seasoning along with it.
This delicious dish that is specially made to be enjoyed during the season of Ramzan is now on Ayur Eggs.