- 350g Skinless Ayur Chicken
- 200g Wheat (whole, crushed and soaked in water for 1 1/2 hour)
- 1⁄3 Cup Yellow Split Lentils (soaked and boiled)
- 3 Medium Onions (in thin slices)
- 1 Tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder/li>
- 2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 1⁄2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt (for taste)
- 1⁄4 Tsp Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 5 Tsp Of Oil
- 1 Bunch Fresh Mint Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 Bunch Fresh Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- 8 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seed (roasted and ground)
- 2 Medium Size Pieces Ginger Root
- 1 Large Onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 Lemons (cut in quarters)
- Put meat in a pan of heated oil.
- Add garlic, garam masala powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt to it. Cook them all on medium heat.
- In a separate pan, boil Wheat grains with lots of water and add salt.
- When the grains slowly turn tender and mushy, add a pinch of soda and cook further for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir until the wheat grains and the meat both are mixed properly.
- Grind the lentils in a food processor to turn it into a thick paste by adding 2 cups of water while processing it.
- Pour the lentil paste into the meat and wheat mixture. Stir them all.
- Place the pan on a heavy tava or griddle on low heat and cook for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Fry the sliced onion in oil and drain on absorbent paper towel.
- When the Chicken Haleem is cooked, sprinkle fried onions, garam masala powder, fresh mint, and coriander leaves. And as a finishing touch, garnish the dish with cumin and ginger.
- Serve haleem with a little of the seasoning along with it.
This delicious dish that is specially made to be enjoyed during the season of Ramzan is now on Ayur Eggs. To make things easier, Order “Ayur Chicken Haleem” from us now.